Welcome to My New Website!

Thank you very much for visiting my new website! I have been hard at work redesigning the site to focus on my artwork, both from the past and my new projects.

I am currently in the process of setting up my online store so that you can buy prints, originals, and more. In the meantime, please contact me by clicking here if you are interested in purchasing any of my work.

Thanks!

in General

33 Comments

1. Hope to get on the list so I know when I can see and maybe buy some of your art! The Equine prints are so awesome!
    If you are sending out any updates when you site is up, please put me on that list.
    Thanks,
    Amy

• Heather Theurer Jul 10, 2014, 1:36 pm

Thanks for your patience! I’m still working out all the kinks in my shop, but it should be up and running soon. In the meantime, if you’d like to order something, I can easily set it up via PayPal. Thanks!!

2. Your work is amazingly beautiful. Love Love Love it…adore!

3. Mike Velitis Jul 12, 2014, 2:24 pm

I love your work. You have a gift for art that awe inspiring. I hope you have prints that I can buy. Just wanted say that you have a God given gift and I like your work.

4. I honestly couldn’t tell if your art was cosplay at first. It looks so realistic like I could reach out and touch it. You are one of the best artists I have ever seen.

5. Your work is amazing and very inspiring, I would love to be put on your mailing list when you are up and running with it.

what medium do you use? as some seem like watercolour and others oil. I would love to know more about how you work and how you find time to do so much.

• Hi Diane,

Thank you for your kind comments! Well, I’ve not got a mailing list, of sorts, but I did want to let you know that the site is up and fully running, albeit I haven’t had a chance to post anything yet on the blog page. But, besides that, the shop is open and most every image posted is available for convenient purchasing.

The medium I use for my work is oils, although I apply the medium in many different ways; often as a thin wash (hence the “watercolor” look) but more regularly as many, many layers of glazes. Finding the time to paint is definitely a trick, but I have such a driving passion to create everything that’s crammed in my head that I do my best to work them out as much as I can!

6. I love your Disney stuff, but even with the links provided to DisneyFineArt.com I can’t find a place to purchase anything. The closest gallery location to me is over 300 miles away. Love your stuff, but that’s a little out of my reach. Are you going to feature any of your Disney art on your online store?

• Hi Tanya,

I’m so glad you like the Disney inspired pieces! I know that Disney Fine Art’s site can be a little difficult to navigate, so here’s a little bit of good news: I have some prints and canvas giclΓ©e reproductions of these pieces consigned to me by Disney Fine Art for shows that I attend and can sell what is sent to me if I have any left over. If you’re interested in a particular piece, I can let you know what I’ve got available and I’m sure I could figure out a way to get it to you. Thanks!!

7. Hellow Heather,
    I met you this year at Fantasy con in Utah. I purchased an angel print of yours. She is hanging in my room. I had to buy another because they are so beautiful. I want to get some of your pegasus. Maybe you could eventually do an angel and unicorn or pegasus together. I would buy that is a heartbeat. Love your work. The shadows and color are amazing and the expressions on the faces are so emotional. Just breathtaking.

8. I am currently writing a novel in which mention is made of your work (equine) and I want to have my character give a book of your paintings to a friend. Do you have such a book out? I want my novel to be authentic so don’t want to say one exists if it doesn’t.

Your work is exceptional. Years ago, I painted landscapes in acrylic and oil. I thought they were fairly decent paintings, but now think they need to be trashed. I love your sense of motion as well as emotion.

Can you reply to my email? Thanks.

9. Ravenelvenlady Dec 07, 2014, 7:16 am

Your work is simply magnificent!

10. Hi Heather, I just want to give you a brief update on the book “See Ya Later Alligator.” Firstly, everyone loves your amazing illustrations. As I tell everyone, your pictures are what have made the book. Secondly, I’ve nearly gone through five thousand copies and I’m getting ready to make some small copy changes and have the book printed and marketed professionally. Thirdly, this simply book has had a positive impact on many people, with some relating its story to life and how its not “good bye” when someone leaves this existence, but rather a “See you Later.” Fourthly, kids love the book; especially 1st and 2nd grade and special needs kids. I’ve had the privilege of reading it, acting it out, and leaving signed copies with many classes in Weber and Ogden schools. And lastly, a copy of the book has been donated and hand delivered to every elementary school in Utah and Arizona. Again, a heart felt “Thank You” for helping me bring this project to light.

11. Hi Heather, bonjour. I’m from France and just discovering your website. I particularly apreciate your horses and animals, but all the paintings are so perfect. Congratulations for your beautiful work !

12. Rhiannon Milano Mar 31, 2015, 11:52 pm

Hi heather
    looking at some of your equine art, loving them πŸ™‚
    We are in Australia … can you please tell me what size you mean when you say the art size is 12 x 12 is that cm inches?
    also postage to australia is that possible?

I’m after 25inches x 33inches anything that size?
    kindest regards

• I can’t believe I totally missed this message for so long, sorry! To answer your question, all measurements are in inches.

A couple of the horse paintings might size up near to that dimension. For example, “By Moonlight” could size up to 25×31 or 26×33 (with minimal cropping). If there’s a particular painting that you think you’d like to have at that size, just let me know and I’ll see what I can do for you. Thanks!

13. Rachelle Hearn Sep 18, 2015, 3:13 am

You are amazing! I’m an artist too, and you’re my hero. I hope to meet you next week at Salt Lake Comic Con. I’ll be there with a group booth. I am going to try to find your booth. Will you have prints there for sale? Your use of light and detail is breathtaking. I’m in awe. πŸ™‚

14. Your art is an inspiration. I have a few questions./ Do you have a gallery in Las Vegas? , How long does it take you typically to paint one of your paintings. Do you paint every day? Thank you for your time! I hope to purchase some of your work soon. πŸ™‚

• Ann, thank you! Actually, at the moment, the only galleries my artwork can be found in are the Disney licensed ones (showing only those pieces), of which there is only one in Las Vegas called “Magical Memories” across the street from the Bellagio. My independent works can only be seen either online or during the shows I attend.

Time on my paintings varies, mostly because I have a family and the requirements of life make it so that I have to be flexible. So I could say that one painting might take me 10 days to paint and yet another similar one might take 2 months. I do try to paint on a regular basis, however, if not daily.

Again, thanks for your comments and have a great week! πŸ™‚

15. I am absolutely enthralled by your work! You say you had no formal education. Would you share what you did to learn your techniques? Did you attend workshops, or study under anyone specifically? I would also be curious to know your process — do you study anatomy, life drawing or use detailed reference photos or models? Anything you wouldn’t mind sharing would be much appreciated!

• Hi Lisa,

πŸ™‚ Thanks!

To be completely honest, I did start out at a two year college. I managed to get in two 101 art classes in that year which, like any education I’ve received, I found valuable. But that’s as far as I got. The one professor under whom I truly wished to study decided to go on sabbatical the following year and so I decided to leave. I never really got the chance to return to college after that, with life and work and family kind of taking over. But I’d always wanted to be better. I admired the great masters of centuries past and I hungered to learn what they knew. So wherever I could find snippets of information to push me in the right direction, I ate it up, and sometimes a snippet was really all I got. In fact, I remembered hearing one sentence offered by Donato Giancola in a 5 minute teaser for an art video he was selling and it was like a light went on over my head! I’m always researching new art and old and seeking out on the internet any information regarding what techniques they used to achieve what they did. If I can find art I love at a museum to see up close or get the chance to view high-res files online, I try to deconstruct what I see into a process of reproducible, logical steps. Then, even if I’ve got incomplete information, I test it out on my own. I’ve spent years simply just experimenting and my paintings are the product of a whole lot of trial and error–a lot of error!

Although I don’t always break down every painting “to the bones”, I do study anatomy, both of human and animal–even plants. I even went and bough a whole chicken from the market once just so I could play with it and twist it around to see how the bones and muscles changed for one of the dragons that I was painting. I’ll use whatever I can find to inspire the creativity and reality I’m trying to achieve in my work. Reference, and A LOT of it, is extremely important. For any one painting, I’ll have sometimes up to 75 or so images that I’m referring to for everything from textures to lighting to form and minute details.

In every case, the process is always slightly modified to fit the need at the moment, so I never have a dull moment in creating my art! πŸ™‚

16. Robert Galloway Oct 28, 2015, 4:32 am

Heather, your work is incredibly beautiful. Are you related to (dentist) Dr. Craig Theurer of North Salt Lake, Utah?

17. Stefanie McKee Feb 18, 2016, 11:15 pm

Heather, I just came across your Disney paintings today! So amazing!! Any plans of painting Princess Aurora? I was captivated by your interpretation of Cinderella. Aurora is my favorite, and I would love to see you how you would create her on canvas. You are extremely talented!

• Stefanie, thank you! I actually have plans for many of the Disney characters (Aurora included) and just need a 72 hour day to complete all my ideas! πŸ™‚ I’m not sure which of them will come first as sometimes that is modified by Disney’s suggestions, but we’ll see!

18. claudia prado May 15, 2016, 8:36 am

Hey Heather! I love you work with Disney characters! I saw one in Disney world in October ( lilo and stitch) but I just came back from Disney in April and I didn’t see it! I want to buy one!

19. claudia prado May 15, 2016, 8:52 am

I just found it in the online store but the biggest is sold out, when I can get one? Or can I buy it before and then get it? Is there a list of wait? I really want one!!!!

20. Erwin Cortes Aug 21, 2016, 10:57 am

Hi Heather, I had the good fortune of running into your booth at the San Diego Comic Con and was absolutely ecstatic to come away with a few signed prints. Your work is amazing: the more chaotic compositions are visually stunning and the Disney pieces have a whimsical charm about them. The fire and tenacity you have for your craft is an inspiration for sure!

21. Karri Robinson Oct 21, 2016, 3:02 am

Hello,
    I, like the rest of the world, am huge fan of your work, it is absolutely stunning. IΒ΄d love to know what paints you use, if you would share such information with a mere mortal like myself..? Either way, as a fellow painter, I very much appreciate the time and skill that must go into this amazing art, hats off too you!

• Hi Karri,

Somehow I missed your comment, sorry! Anyway, thank you for your kind comments! I love using Holbein water-mixable oils. I’ve always preferred oils over acrylics or other mediums, but had problems with the turpentine, fumes, cleanup, etc of regular oils. So for about the last 18 years or so I’ve been using the water-mixable and would never go back. πŸ™‚